Friday, August 3, 2007

Good Girl Mini!!!

Mini was such a good girl at the vet today!! We couldn't have asked for anything better! :) The vet is wonderful. She is very nice and it is very obvious that she loves animals. Here are the things Mini took very well:
  • getting her teeth checked
  • getting a thermometer up her butt
  • getting her ears checked and swabbed
  • getting her heart listened to
  • getting her shot -- it took two tries because the vet had to take it out after it was half given to her (she got jumpy) so then she gave her a treat to gnaw on while she gave her the rest of her vaccination. You would swear that Mini didn't even know that she was getting some sharp and pointy thing poked into her -- it was Snack Time!!

Since she was so good we gave her a Greenies bone. They are like 50 cents each -- so she doesn't get then too often. Only as great rewards or when we are trying to keep her quiet. Ex. At a pet friendly motel, or when she is getting her coat trimmed.

For a good chunk of the day Mini was quite dopey because we figure the shot had a side affect.

To be honest -- I was a little scared myself. Not fear -- but I didn't know what to expect. I've never been to a vet before. I personally don't really like doctor's offices and hospitals -- they just kinda creep me out. I don't like the atmosphere of those places. But the vet-- or at least this one is fine! I actually enjoyed it! :)

Thank you for behaving at the vet my little Mini! You made Mommy Kinza very proud! :)

Mommy Kinza :)

6 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Kinza, you know, this blog is a great idea because you can use it as a reference for what has been done for Mini and when! Some things take place and you think you'll never forget -- but you DO! You will be so happy in the future if you make a point of typing an update for every vet appointment like this. Also, today you said the vet weighed her. Would you add that to your post? And I have added this to my live links so I will be able to see when you post!

Anonymous said...

Kinza,
I can see that Mini just loves you.
She follows you wherever you go, and I think she sees you as the alpha or "top dog".
I hope you have years and years of fun with Mini. When I come over again, I bet Mini will be jumping two feet off the ground , through the hoop...if you continue to train her in doing tricks.

Liliana

Nancy said...

Mini , you are a very brave puppy. Ask mommy Kinza to post some more pictures.

Mini said...

You heard her Mama!
Post something cute and cuddly of me!

Mini

Kinza said...

Demanding much!! But if you say so ... next time ask with a 'please' Mini Dear. (We are trying to learn obedience and manners) and as you can see -- it ain't going to quickly! :)

Mommy Kinza :)

Amrita said...

Mini you have grown up a month since this last blog. Hope you are doing well. Your Indian friend Sheeba sends love